"Expect more from this shiny new hospital"

About: Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital

Our first two visits to this department were great. Couldn't fault the staff.

The ward was a different story which is too long for this review.

Our third visit the nurse and HCA refused to get a doctor in an emergency situation and then not only neglected to verbally advise the doctor they also neglected to write critical information in medical notes.

Our fourth... its not over with yet but over 3 and a half hours later (after 3 hour wait for ambulance) we are yet to see a doctor and be properly assessed. I am nothing short of disgusted. 24 hour emergency care with no doctors? Really?

Response from Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital

Dear Sir/madam,

Thank you very much for getting in touch with us to raise your concerns.

I am naturally very concerned about the experience you have had during your recent visits to The Northumbria to us. It is worrying to read that you have not felt listened to and that your medical notes are not being updated as they should – we would like to look into his immediately.

Please could you get in touch with me with the patients details and I will contact the relevant members of staff to find out what happened. My email is Annie.laverty@nhct.nhs.uk.

Finally, please accept my sincere apologies for all the frustration you have had whilst waiting for care: during an extremely busy period for us, our staff are working incredibly hard to ensure people receive the right help, in a timely way and in the right place. The exceptional demands on our service has meant people have sometimes waited far longer for care than we would like.

If you would like to talk in more depth about what we’re doing, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

With all best wishes,