"Only time travel could help me make my..."

About: Manor Hospital

I was referred to see a General Surgery Consultant in October 2014. The doctor was lovely and put me at ease straight away which is so important when you've plucked up the courage to discuss intimate issues.

The outcome of the consultation was that I needed to self administer medication for a short period then return for a follow-up appointment in a few weeks for further investigations.

Despite calling regularly for several months nothing happened and I was just told endlessly that the appointment would come even if it took a while longer than planned.

It's now 17th March 2016. Today I received a letter from the Manor dated the 14th, postmarked the 15th and sent second class. It is my follow-up sleep point ment at last so surely I should be happy? But alas no.

The letter is to inform me of an appointment on 14th March 2016, so unless someone can transport me back 3 days I guess I will have by now been recorded as a DNA...

Pitiful service.

Response from Manor Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. We're glad to read about your initial consultation and that you were made to feel at ease. We can understand your frustration with regard to the untimely appointment letter and have passed this onto the teams concerned. If you would like to speak to somebody further about this, please contact our Patient Relations team on 01922 656463.