"Excellent care , exceptional."

About: Cheltenham General Hospital

I was asked to attend A&E after suffering excruciating pain which the duty Doctor in Cirencester thought was Renal Colic. A short wait on a Saturday afternoon in Cheltenham General Hospital and I was seen by the Emergency Doctor. He sent me for a CT scan which was almost immediate and this showed my Urethra was blocked by a large Renal Stone.

I then had another attack of Renal Colic and was given IV morphine immediately and admitted to Snowshill ward. The Senior Registrar saw me and said that I would probably need a stent inserted and they would schedule this for Sunday morning. This was done to widen the urethra and allow urine to pass , although I may feel the stent , the excruciating renal colic pain would not happen. I am now waiting for the stone to be fragmented by laser and the stent removed in a month or so. The Nursing staff were so good, friendly, courteous, neat, tidy and attended to the call bells immediately. The ward was extremely clean. I myself am a Nurse and have been for 30 years, but never told the staff . This was The Best of the NHS and I cannot fault it at all. Exceptional care.

Response from Cheltenham General Hospital

Hello there,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this feedback with us. It's great to hear that you had such a positive experience of our services and we will certainly pass your comments on to the staff concerned.

Best wishes