"Parking or the lack of it"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow

(as a friend),

Taking a 93 year old man to visit his wife made it necessary for us to go by car. Visiting in almost all wards starts at 1. 30 according to a staff member, yet at 1. 33 there was not a single space. Half an hour later having circled round and round all levels I had to get the old man out while my husband took the car out of the grounds to find a street to park in. This is not good particularly for visitors who are anxious about a relative or friend and could do without this additional stress..

Response from Lisa Ramsay, Patient Experience Public Involvement Team Support, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Dear Tired person

Thank you very much for taking the time to post on Patient Opinion. I fully appreciate your frustration at not being able to park at the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital recently. It is not acceptable that our patients and visitors are not able to find a parking space and I am sorry that your husband had to go off site to park. I agree that this adds to any anxiety and stress that our patients and visitors may already be experiencing due to visiting the hospital.

We are aware of the issues around parking at the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital for our patients and visitors. I will be passing your post on to our colleagues in Facilities to make them aware of your recent experience.

Best wishes