"a standard of care way above and beyond the call of duty"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

My Mother has been treated with care and compassion that can only be described as magnificent, ward 8 is an extremely busy ward and the staff are in constant demand, yet the standard of treatment has been superb. Huge thank you to everyone involved in my Mothers care nursing staff delivering a standard of care way above and beyond the call of duty.

Response from Gwen MacIntyre, Senior Nurse, Surgical & Critical care, Hairmyres Hospital

Dear Peadar,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about the care and experience you have had with regards to your mother's stay in Ward 8.

It is very uplifting for staff to hear that their hard work and dedication is appreciated and noted by others. As a nursing team we have such wonderful support from our Multidisciplinary Team members who help us to deliver care with compassion and in a person centered manner.

I will ensure your kind comments are shared with Ward 8 team.

Kind Regards

Gwen

• Peadar thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Peadar (a relative)

We try to ensure that we make our gratitude known to the ward staff Gwen but in a stressful situation we may not be making clear just how much we appreciate their efforts I would be very pleased if you would pass on our gratitude to and,our admiration for the wonderful people involved in my Mothers care

Dear Peadar,

It will be my absolute pleasure to convey your kind comments with all the ward staff.

Kind Regards