"Excellent care in the Treatment Centre"

About: Leighton Hospital

I attended the Treatment Centre as part of the bowel cancer screening programme.

All the information sent prior to the procedure is very clear however I did feel anxious attending. I need not have worried. All the staff were excellent. Everyone I came into contact with was kind, caring and helpful and treated you with dignity.

They completely put me at ease and helped me get through what I felt was a daunting procedure.

Whilst the centre is busy patients, probably attending for many different procedures, there is a calm, efficient feeling when you attended. I was back home within about 2 hrs. I was provided with clear advice and information. The service is to be commended.

Thank you.

Response from Leighton Hospital

I am so pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience during your recent visit to the Treatment Centre for investigations under the Bowel Screening Programme and that the staff made you feel welcome and at ease.

Your comments will be passed to the staff within the Unit. Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your experience.

Sandra Glover