"Fantastic treatment, wonderful staff"

About: Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital

I was taken into Cramlington hospital in the early hours of Saturday morning with what turned out to be gall stones and an infection. I know this is not the most urgent thing the hospital has to deal with but I was vomiting and in a lot of pain and very frightened. Even though many of the staff were coming to the end of long shifts, they were exceptionally kind and patient and always treated me with great care and respect. I cannot thank them enough.

Response from Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital

Dear Barbara,

Thank you for sharing this with us. I am sorry to hear about your recent stay in hospital, I can imagine this must have been very frightening and painful for you, I hope you’re now resting well at home. I am so pleased to hear that our teams were able to provide such excellent care to get you on the road to recovery.

I will pass on your thanks to our accident and emergency care team at The Northumbria hospital for making your experience as positive as possible, I know they work hard to ensure all patients are treated with respect and dignity.

All the best with your recovery.

Annie Laverty – Director of Patient Experience