"Excellent care from everyone after admission..."

About: Lincoln County Hospital

I was admitted on Saturday afternoon (March 5th) after a brain haemorrhage. Before arriving at the hospital the paramedic and Ambulance crew had already done an amazing job to get me to A and E in the shortest possible time.

The A and E team were ready to treat me immediately and reverse the warfarin medication and take me for an MRI scan. The Stroke Doctor and their team were fantastic as were the team who then looked after me overnight in the MEAU.

The Stroke Doctor then came to see me on Sunday morning and said that they wanted me on their Stroke Ward but at that time there was not a spare bed but the doctor would do everything they could to find one. An hour later I was moved to a bed in the Stroke Ward.

At all times my partner and I were kept informed as to my situation and what was happening.

Again, on the Stroke Ward all the staff were fantastic from the Ward Sisters and Nurses to the cleaning and catering staff.

I was then visited by the physiotherapists who explained how they would help me to regain mobility and they worked extremely hard to achieve this.

Everyone involved with my care and treatment was friendly and respectful, not only towards me and my partner but also to each other and I always felt that they were all part of a very happy and friendly team. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they always had time to answer our questions.

Thanks to their care and expertise I made such good progress that I was able to be discharged on the following Friday afternoon to continue my progress and physiotherapy at home.

I cannot thank everyone enough for their care and expertise. Between the paramedic, the ambulance driver and the wonderful hospital team- especially the doctor, you not only saved my life but restored most of the movement in my right arm and leg which are continuing to improve.

My very grateful thanks to all concerned from myself and my partner.

Mr Terry Greene

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Terry,

I am pleased to read about your positive experience when you attended Lincoln A&E, it is always such a pleasure to share these with the A&E team.

Regards

Karen Hansord – A&E Sister

Response from Anita Cooper, Clinical Lead - Therapies & Rehabilitation Medicine, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Terry

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience and I am very pleased to hear that it was a positive one and you are continuing to recover.

I will ensure your feedback is passed on to the Physiotherapy team on the Stroke unit which I know they will be very pleased to hear

Thanks again

Anita

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Terry,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thanks to all of the teams involved in your care.

I can assure you that everyone will appreciate your kind words and I will ensure your thanks and gratitude is passed on to all involved.

Many thanks once again,

Nicki Redgrift

Junior Sister - Stroke Unit

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Terry

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Lincoln county hospital. The staff really appreciate receiving positive feedback and I will ensure your comments are shared with the teams involved in your care.

Best wishes

Tracy Bell, Interim Head of Nursing A&E, MEAU & Stroke unit.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Terry,

I am delighted that you have had such an good recovery from your stroke. I am pleased that the Physiotherapy staff were able to help you achieve this improvement, but I am sure you did a lot of the hard work. I shall pass your comments to the staff on the stroke unit and I am certain they will be pleased to receive them.

Rachel Clifton MSc MCSP Grad Dip Phys DMS