"Excellent care at the Endoscopy Unit"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Endoscopy

Arrived at the unit with my 88 year old father who was having a procedure carried out. He has many health issues, has suffered a recent bereavement and was anxious about the test he was about to undergo. Staff were excellent - they showed respect, care and compassion and were able to reassure him before, during and after the procedure.

Secondly, they were extremely supportive towards me and allowed me to wait in the unit until my father returned. I cannot praise ALL of the staff enough for their professionalism, caring attitude and medical expertise. Well done to everyone and thank you for your outstanding care.

Response from Maureen Dobbin, Senior Nurse, Surgical & Critical Care, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear Kinghorn,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your positive comments about you and your fathers experience within our Endoscopy unit. Having a procedure carried out can be an anxious time and I am delighted to hear that the staff were able to reassure your father throughout. Relatives and carers are so important in the whole process and I am pleased that you also felt supported by the staff. I hope that your father is recovering well after his procedure and I will share your kind words with all of the staff as they take great pride in the service they provide and enjoy getting positive feedback.

Again, Many Thanks