"Good ambulance staff"

About: Scottish Ambulance Service

We called the ambulance earlier this week as my husband had a heavy cold that proved to be pneumonia and, as we found later, sepsis. The 2 staff on the ambulance were calming and reassuring not to mention knowledgeable. Thank you very much! You have been a real help.

Response from Martin Esposito, Patient Experience Manager, Corporate Affairs and Engagement Department, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear Cairo976

Having your husband develop pneumonia and then sepsis from what initially appeared to be a heavy cold must have been extremely frightening for you both. I was really pleased to hear about the calming, reassuring and knowledgeable care that was provided by our staff.

Sepsis is a life threatening condition and we, along with our other NHS partners, are working hard to improve how we identify and manage Sepsis. In fact, it is currently one of our key clinical priorities. Therefore it is always reassuring to hear of cases such as this.

Please pass on my best wishes to your husband and thank you so much for sharing this story.

Take care