"Good medical care, take your own food."

About: Queen Elizabeth Hospital (Birmingham)

My care was good, could have done with a little more coordinated information from the different doctors and my blood pressure and heart rate seemed to need to be a secret from me also the results if my ECG where not divulged when a doctor said I had a hear murmer. But the food is inedible, not sure how you are supposed to get better on browny grey sludge rather glad I did not really have an appetite the best thing was Rice Krispies and milk and that is something I never thought I would say.

Response from Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to your comments and thank you for taking the time to feedback about the care you received whilst being treated at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham. Thank you for your comments regarding the communication problems that you encountered, these have been noted and will be shared with the relevant senior members of staff. In relation to your feedback about the catering offered to you during your stay, we forwarded your comments onto the Trust Catering Team who have provided the response below;

“We are sorry the Catering did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

If you are an inpatient again please ask ward staff to request a Catering representative, so we can visit and requirements can be discussed. We understand sometimes the menu offer does not meet everybody’s individual expectation, and meal plans can be agreed to improve satisfaction.”

If you would like to provide any further feedback about your experience please visit the hospital webpage www.uhb.nhs.uk/yourviews