"Amazing care at WGH maternity"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Maternity care

I attended WGH maternity triage today after having no foetal movement for almost 24 hours. I was welcomed by a midwife Gayle who was quite simply amazing. She probably left us today feeling like she had just 'done her job. ' However, I felt with her amazing bedside manner and professionalism - she made a stressful situation easier and put our minds at ease.

My partner and I wanted to pass on our thanks to her as NHS staff probably don't get as much thanks as they rightfully deserve. She's a credit to WGH, she was only doing a bank shift she told us in triage today and is normally working in the wards. We really hope she is on shift when our little one arrives and is the one to deliver him. Thanks again!

Response from Wendy Drysdale, Senior Midwife, Maternity Services, NHS Lanarkshire

Hello KerryC,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback regarding the care and attention Midwife Gayle provided. We expect for all our staff to be professional, caring and compassionate at all times and it is reassuring to know that you are both well and that Gayle supported you during this stressful time.

Midwives are very passionate and privileged to be part of a woman's pregnancy journey and today Gayle made the differrence for you and your partner, she will be delighted that you have taken this extra step to thank her so kindly. I will ensure Gayle receives this feedback. Thank you and we will see you in the near future.

Take care and best wishes,

Wendy

• KerryC thinks this response is helpful