About: The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (King's Lynn)

Husband not looked after, bed sores were terrible, couldn't get staff. died before I could get there, no ones with him, no Dr or Nurse, he was all alone. No one came to speak to me.

I certainly don't want to go to this hospital or die there. I would rather die on my bathroom floor alone. No care of him what so ever, they didn't take his false teeth out for over a week until I told them to, he was unconscious for three weeks, then died.

Response from The Queen Elizabeth Hospital

I was extremely saddened to read your distressing posting about the loss of your husband. I am very anxious to follow this up and to look into your concerns and would be most grateful if you could contact me either by email or telephone. If you feel that you cannot face doing this, we do also have an independent listener who is just here to meet with families who have experienced a bereavement and she is available to listen and learn about how the hospital managed those final days and to feedback to us about how we can improve our care. She can be contacted by the PALS department. I am very sorry that this very precious time with your husband was not as we would want it to be and that you are left feeling the way you do. Please accept my sympathy and condolences on the loss of your husband and if you can, please do contact us as we do want to understand what has happened and how we can improve on the service we provide.

Claire Roberts