"Endoscopy"

About: Pilgrim Hospital

I visited the endoscopy unit today for a routine colonoscopy.It is an uncomfortable experience at times but the staff were very nice and caring making the experience as comfortable as it can possibly be even joking with me when the machine broke down and they had to fix it

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Lesley,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your positive experience. Obviously from time to time, equipment fails or things don’t go quite to plan.

I’m really pleased that despite this, your experience of the procedure was positive and I’m glad that the staff handled this situation professionally but with humour; which it sounds might have gone some way to relieve any anxiety you may have had.

I’m sure that the staff in endoscopy will be delighted with your feedback.

Best wishes,
Andy Brammer

Clinical Lead for Diagnostics

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Lesley,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.

It is good to receive positive feedback from patients who attend for an Endoscopy procedure. Unfortunately equipment failure can occur at any time without warning, but it is always addressed immediately to ensure minimum disruption to patients and the service. I am pleased that our staff handled this situation professionally and it didn’t cause you any undue distress.

I will pass your comments onto the Endoscopy team that was involved with your care.

Best wishes,

Carol Ellerby - Endoscopy Sister.