"Disorganised eye clinic"

About: Leicester Royal Infirmary / Ophthalmology

I was sent to the eye clinic by my optician. While I was there, it all felt very disorganised.

In the first instance, walk in patients are not even greeted! There are paper signs telling you to queue, which feels odd since you have been sent there. You enter a very busy open plan waiting area and nobody looks up or catches your eye.

I watched each visitor who, like me, entered the room, felt bewildered so went to the nearest desk and was told to sit and wait by a lady who had her back to the seating area.

I know it is a very busy area and has to deal with emergencies but one gets the feeling that it could be done better (I was seen at four different stages by four different people) and could be more efficient.

Response from Ros Moore, Communications Officer, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust

Dear Salisbury,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment.

We are sorry to hear about your experience in our eye clinic at the Royal. Your feedback is appreciated and will be shared with the team so that we can improve the service for future patients. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please contact me, Sophie.snelson@uhl-tr.nhs.uk

Kind regards,