"Great care from NHS 24/Ayrshire Central Hospital doctor"

About: Ayrshire Central Hospital NHS 24 / NHS 24 (111 service)

Recently after my 80 year old father awoke he appeared to have infection/ temperature as doing and saying silly things, whilst his cold appeared much worse.

Mum called NHS 24 and the receptionist was very efficient and helpful, which resulted in getting an appointment at Ayrshire Central Hospital Doctors On Call unit.

At the appointment the doctor they seen (Dr Tait) was the most helpful and caring doctor they have ever met. he was so professional and thorough giving him a medical assessment which proved that dad had a lung infection and needed antiobiotics.

My parents were so thankful to Dr Tait for his caring attitude and very much appreciated his kind attention.

Response from Shona Lawrence, Patient Affairs Manager, NHS 24

Dear Janzd7

Thank you for feedback via Patient Opinion. I was sorry to learn that your father had been unwell and I do very much hope that the antibiotics have helped and that he is feeling better

It is a pleasure to read your positive comments for the NHS 24 staff member and also for Dr Tait who assessed your father's symptoms.

Here at NHS 24 we always try to share positive feedback directly with the staff member involved in providing care to a patient. Therefore, if you were able to provide some additional information which would enable us to identify the call from your mother, then we could pass your positive comment on. I can be contacted at patientaffairs@nhs24.scot.nhs.uk or by telephone on 0141 337 4582.

I do wish both your patents well and thank you again for taking the time to provide heartfelt feedback.

With kind regards

Shona

Shona Lawrence

NHS 24 Patient Affairs Manager

Dear Janzd7,

I am glad you found your father's care to be so good. I will be delighted to pass this to the ADOC manager to pass share with the team. I too would like to thank you for taking the time to feed back to us and I am sure it will make Dr Tait's day. I hope your Father is fully recovered now,

best wishes,