"My mother was in a critical condition"

About: Leighton Hospital / General surgery North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust / Emergency ambulance

My 92 year old mother had fallen at home and wasn't found for 2 days, she broke her thigh and elbow and was in a poor condition due to lack of fluids.

Nothing could have been improved in the service she received from the ambulance service, Accident and Emergency, anaesthetist Colin and the surgical team and ward 15 where she currently is.

You should be very proud of the service you provide to the people of Cheshire. Many thanks to you all.

Response from Leighton Hospital

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments on the NHS Choices site.

We really appreciate feedback from all of our patients and their relatives.

The circumstances of your Mother’s fall and her being on the floor for 2 days must have been extremely distressing for her. We are pleased to hear that you think the care that your Mother has received from all of the departments and staff could not be improved on.

We are very proud of the hard work all of our staff give to ensure that patients receive the best possible care and outcome from their injuries.

We hope that your Mother continues to recover from her injuries and can return to good health as soon as possible.

Best wishes

Sue Sarson

• Ladygolfer thinks this response is helpful

Response from Deborah Gallagher, Patient Experience Support Officer, Patient Experience, North West Ambulance Service

Thank you for taking the time to share your Mother’s experience of using North West Ambulance Service with us – I am very sorry to hear about the circumstances in which she was found after her fall. It must have been a very frightening time for her and very distressing for you also.

However I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your words of praise for the ambulance crew and I am pleased to hear about the excellent care that the crew provided to her and also that this continued once she reached the hospital.

I would like to take this opportunity to send your Mother my best wishes and hope that she is on the road to recovery from her injuries.

• Ladygolfer thinks this response is helpful