"Kept informed throughout"

About: Ayr Hospital / Medical Oncology

Dad was admitted into A&E in December 2015, he previously was getting treatment in the chemotherapy department - he took not well. After a night in station 23 he was transferred to station 15 where the whole team from domestics, porters, doctors, nurses and secretaries were all pleasant and couldn't do enough for me for my dad. Even on the phone they were great. Communication is the key and I was kept informed throughout, Dad was later transferred to another hospital closer to home where he passed away in January 2016.

Dear lexreen,

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad's passing, it is such a hard time for so many reasons. You are so right, good communication really is the key to it all and it is heart-warming to hear that this worked very well for you and your Dad. Thank you for taking the time to tell us your story. I will pass this to the teams and I am sure they will appreciate this lovely feedback.

Take care