"Thank you very much to pain management services secretary"

About: Stobhill Hospital / Pain management

I would like to thank all the staff at stobhill pain management services. I got epidural steroid injection and they did not work. I was at my lowest point as i have been in severe pain for 10 months it had taken me to some really bad places in my mind.  I was on 23 pain kilers a day really tired some times confused bad tempered.   it was taking its toll on my family life in fact every thing.

I decided to write a note on the return form telling the secretary just how bad my life was and just how desperate. I was in fact i was crying as i wrote it.

If any one out there thinks i am exaggerating trust me i was at breaking point.

I tried my best to explain things and god love that lady for today i got a phone call to go in on the 6 th of april for different injections.  I was so pleased i started to cry again ( some times in life when things are as bad as i was it makes all the difference that some one actually read my mumblings and understanding my situation got me a appointment)

I am 49 years old never been out off work. This appointment has saved my life as i was making every one else in my life miserable even if this dose not work i will keep trying for now i have the chance of a way out of this.

The day is a good day tomorrow or tonight might be bad but everyone needs something to go for.

I forgot the ladys name as i was trying to tell my mrs the news. So if some one reads this and can send the pain management services secretary this. Thank you very very much. I am under no illusion i still no that it might not all turn out right! ! ! ! But today i have hope.

Response from Lisa Ramsay, Patient Experience Public Involvement Team Support, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Dear A67M

Firstly, thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience on Patient Opinion. I found what you have shared to be both moving and powerful as you explained that you have gone from being at “breaking point” to now having “hope”. I appreciate that the level of pain you have been experiencing for the past 10 months has taken a significant toll on you physically and mentally and that it has also impacted your family. Involving a patient in their care and treatment and ensuring that a patient is actually listened to is what we strive to achieve and this has clearly happened with what you have explained.

I will ensure that your thanks are passed on to the staff in the pain management service at Stobhill, especially the medical secretary and when I find out her name, I will let you know via this forum.

I wish you well and hope that moving forward your condition improves following your appointment in April. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Best wishes