"Appointment times."

About: Pilgrim Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I arrived at Pilgrim Hospital at 0915 for a 0930 appointment with a member of staff in hematology at 11. 25 I was still waiting to be seen, I spoke to the senior nurse and explained that I had a 11. 30 appointment for a C. T. scan and could not wait any longer, I was told that the Consultant was on leave and that his assistant would be seeing me. The reason for the delay was that patients referred from chemotherapy would be seen first, I don't have a problem with this, but the person responsible for appointment times should be aware of the number of referrals and give bookings accordingly. I cancelled this appointment and will wait to be advised as to when an appointment can be re arranged.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Scorpius,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on the Patient Opinion website.

I am very disappointed that you had to cancel your appointment due to the delay you experienced, and apologise for this.

Please be assured, that as a department, we are currently looking at causes of delays in clinic, and how to reduce this. This is not the standard we expect, and will be working together with our appointments colleagues to make improvements.

Best Wishes,

Beverley Duncan

Sister- Outpatients

Response from Chris Sharman, Patient Experience Support Officer, Patient Experience, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust We are preparing to make a change

Dear Scorpius,

As Sister Duncan indicated in her response, the business unit will actively review the booking arrangements for these sessions.

We will update this story with details of any changes that are agreed.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

With best regards,