About: Stobhill Hospital / Cardiology

On the 13/07/2015 I was given an appointment for Stobhill hospital cardiology on the 03/02/2016. My memory has never been great now I am 71 my memory has certainly never has improved. I missed the appointment.

Stobhill hospital supply 3 telephone numbers and a email address in case you want to change the appointment. I sent a email apologising for missing my appointment after 4 days no reply. I phoned the 3 phone numbers supplied all 3 number rang for 3 minutes before cutting off. I phoned the record office who sent the appointment letter there phone rang for three minutes before cutting off.

I do realise it is my responsibility for to keep appointments. , however, Springburn Health center send reminder texts for appointments. I would have thought Stobhill Hospital would have the resources to send reminder texts/email to remind people of appointments especially reminders for 7 month appointments.

Response from Lisa Ramsay, Patient Experience Public Involvement Team Support, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Dear RexJim

Thank you for sharing your recent experience on Patient Opinion. I am sorry to hear that you have had such difficulty in contacting the appointments team to rearrange your appointment.

We are aware that there are peak times during the day when our patients are not able to get through to the appointments team on the numbers we provide. In your case, this happening with the three different numbers you had been given must have been very frustrating and I am sorry for that. The appointments team have reviewed staffing levels during peak times to enable more patient calls being answered. The appointments team are also looking to develop technologies such as text reminders that you have mentioned which would be helpful due to the time between receiving an appointment letter and the appointment taking place.

Again, I am sorry that this process was much more difficult than it should have been.

Best wishes

• RexJim doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think it is helpful

Update posted by RexJim (the patient)

Thank you Lisa for your response I note you say "The appointments team have reviewed staffing levels during peak times to enable more patient calls being answered." So only more calls answered.but not all patient calls being answered? I don't think this is good enough I would expect all calls answered.

Other NHS departments have the technologies for to remind patients of appointments perhaps you should ask them for advice regarding patient reminders.