"Help from the PR Group"

About: Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital / Respiratory medicine

(as a service user),

I am attending the PR Group. It’s a group session that is 8 weeks long, and I have been to three so far. The session is two hours long and I have found it really helpful.

They have taught me how to breathe properly and given me lots of really helpful information and advice that I did not have before. We do different exercises and I find it really helpful to be in a group with people in a similar situation.

After the first session, I didn’t feel like it had helped me as I was really struggling with my breathing in the week following. However, when I went back to the second session I spoke to the nurse about it and she gave me a blower to help me clear my congestion, which made things much better.

At the beginning and at the end of each session we talk about ways to help take care of ourselves which I find really useful. I’ve received advice that I haven’t had before, so overall I think it’s really helpful.

Response from Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. It's invaluable to receive comments from patients about their experience and therefore we are very grateful.

We will ensure this is shared with the Breathe team.