"Referred for Sinus Problem"

I was referred to Hinckley and District hospital ENT initially because of severe sinus problems, after I was examined it was decided that I should have a CT scan. This was duly carried out and when I returned to the ENT clinic I learned that it was clear. The doctor prescribed a different nasal spray and although not perhaps the solution I had hoped for I find it does work for me. I realised the doctor had listened carefully to what I told them because they then wanted to investigate the hearing problems I was suffering with my left ear. The doctor looked in my ears, sent me to the audiologist for a hearing test and then decided they would like me to have an MRI scan once this was done I was unfortunately sent to the Leicester Royal Infirmary for follow up and sadly that's where my problems started.

But my experience of Hinckley and District hospital ENT outpatients clinic is that it is a first class unit. Efficiently run and staffed by pleasant and very helpful admin staff. The nurses, audiologist, and doctor were brilliant and made me feel as though they were actually interested in me as a person and not just a hospital number. If only the other larger parent hospitals in the area could be run to this standard patients would appreciate it and would benefit from the outstanding care.

Response from Hinckley & District Hosp

Dear reviewer, thank you for taking the time to review the service you received from the ENT service at Hinckley & District Hospital.

Your comments have been passed to the team involved and will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards, Communications Team, Leicester's Hospitals.