"Out patient appointment not booked for 10 week..."

About: Royal Hallamshire Hospital

Must agree with other patients my ongoing 10 week slot from 21/12/15 to now has not been booked the appointment letter has not come or a phone message to confirm any such appointment, must say my nurse though is great and friendly but 1 of the receptionists is a bit arrogant.

One of the nurses did not turn in on the last occasion leaving a back log of patients me included which the receptionist new about but did not think to let us know untill a hour and 25 mins. later when I asked about it they replied I don't know how long the patients are with the nurse but they book the slots?...any way had to leave to be somewhere else cost me 4 hours off work,and had to return a few days after.

The lifts are terrible somtimes waiting 20 mins. For the m floor nothing to do with the doctors and nurses though needs updating

Response from Deborah Hopkinson, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

I am sorry to hear about the delay in you receiving an appointment. We would like to look into this for you. Please therefore could you provide further details to our Patient Services Team?

The team can be contacted by telephoning 0114 271 2400 or by email: pst@sth.nhs.uk

We also will be able to respond to you about the other concerns that you have mentioned once we have your personal details and are able to investigate the circumstances in the clinic.

With regard to the lift difficulties I will forward on your comments to our Estates department so that they are aware of your comments.

Kind regards.

Comments from our Estate department regarding the lifts at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital:-

The Estate department acknowledges that the lifts are not as efficient as they should be. Estates have recently entered into a new lift contract and work is progressing to maintain all the lifts on the Central Campus, keep them in good working order and operational for patients, visitors and staff.

Estates are also undertaking a procurement exercise for the refurbishment of the lifts at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital and a projected start on site will be in approximately 12-18 months.