"Thanks to Aberdeen Maternity Midwife Unit"

About: Aberdeen Maternity Hospital / Obstetrics (Maternity care)

Just wanted to leave some feed back on my experience when giving birth to my daughter.

I cannot give enough praise to the lovely staff especially Linda and team on the midwife unit from start to finish they were all so friendly, patient and professional. The unit itself has a warm relaxing and almost homely feel, small touches like dimmed lights and candles all go towards making a relaxing atmosphere therefore helping with the journey you are about to embark on.

My husband and I cannot thank the staff on duty enough their level of care is outstanding and would recommend the midwife unit to all mums and dads to be. You really are in the best of hands with these ladies.

Response from Linda Oldroyd, Nurse Consultant Patient Safety and Experience, NHS Grampian

Dear new mum

What a heart warming story! I hope many expectant mums read this and feel reassured about the care they will get in the Midwife Unit. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback. Your story will give staff a great boost and may well make a difference to expectant mums too.

Good luck with your two children and thank you again. I will make sure that staff are made aware of your story. As you say, sometimes it is the little things that make a big difference.

Kind regards,