"Thanks to all on ward 15 dermatology monklands hospital"

About: Monklands District General Hospital / Dermatology

Dad has just spent 3 weeks in the dermatology ward. he had been unwell since xmas. he has never been in hospital despite being 71 years old.

Staff were professional and genuinely cared for him and our family. His anxieties soon passed and every member of staff introduced themselves. I work for the NHS and understand the challenges faced each day. I have never seen my dad so low. Not only did staff deal exceptionally with his physical needs, they provided continuous psychological support and education.

He is home and recovering with close follow up at clinic. Thank you all for the invaluable care you provided.

Response from Eileen Clarke, Senior Nurse, Care of the Elderly, Monklands Hospital

Dear cal 1

Thank you for you kind posting. It's a really good example of how we, the NHS can make a real difference to our patients and their family. I will forward on your posting to Senior Charge Nurse Dobbin and the Dermatology team who will be delighted that you took the time to contact us.

I hope your dad is recovering well and thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

• ca1 thinks this response is helpful