"Pro-active"

About: Leicester Royal Infirmary

I have been a RA patient since 2007. There are some good nurses and consultants.

It's not often I see my assigned consultant and it always feels rushed. I've been off injections for months with heart and lung checks which seem fine.

I am really struggling with my joints, walking , sleeping due to pain and everyday tasks. I constantly feel I am chasing the staff to take action and if I could be left without treatment indefinitely.

This is not good enough.

I get more advice about my RA from other consultants and professionals.

Things go back to square 1 or worse because I am left without treatment or monitoring checks.

I dread coming off medication as it will take ages to get back on.

Surely, this should be monitored better. I am looking to formally complain about my care as I have been very patient over the years and have had enough.

Feel worse than when I was first diagnosed.

RLall

Response from Leicester Royal Infirmary

Dear reviewer, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments with regards to the service you have received from Respiratory Medicine.

However as you specifically mention RA - rheumatoid arthritis - and a range of other issues in your review, can we suggest you contact our Patient Liaison Team by email: pils@uhl-tr.nhs.uk or Free Telephone Line: 08081 788337 and they will clarify your exact treatment details, review history etc and discuss possible options with you. We hope this is of help. Kind regards, Communications Team, Leicester’s Hospitals.