"Daughter's experience in Maternity Unit"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Maternity care

Our daughter recently experienced complications following the birth of our granddaughter. My wife and I wish to place on record our appreciation for the exceptional care and attention she received during 14 difficult days for our family.

From consultants to staff in Ward 22, indeed from staff at all levels including the ancillary services, the care and support she received was quite outstanding. As a family we are grateful to everyone involved. Thank you so much.

Response from Wendy Drysdale, Senior Midwife, Maternity Services, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Appreciative Grandparents,

Thank you for contacting us to let us know how appreciative you are for the care and attention our team of staff provided for your daughter during her stay in hospital.

Congratulations in becoming grandparents and I hope your daughter has made a good recovery.

Throughout NHS Lanarkshire all staff are trained to provide high quality and person centered care to ensure our patients are safe. Complications do happen and this would have been an extremely worrying and difficult time for all your family and we recognise this impact on the full family.

It will mean a lot to our staff that you have taken the time to feedback to us just how exceptional and outstanding this care was. I will make sure that I communicate this to the full team of staff in ward 22 at all levels and our Consultants.

Enjoy many special days ahead.

Best Wishes