"I want to thank all the staff at Broadmoor"

About: Broadmoor Hospital / Ward 1

In the late eighties I was sent from the court via a London Prison to Broadmoor hospital. I had a very good life and was only on a little medication. The staff were really good to me, very caring.

I left Broadmoor in the early nineties and went to three prisons. I had good and bad times there. They gave me many different medicines.

After a number of bad behaviours from me I was sent back here to Broadmoor around 2008. Again I am doing very well and sounds like I'll be leaving again soon. I am on a tablet a day and the staff are great. I want to thank all the staff at Broadmoor. They are fantastic people, keep up the good work!

Response from Terry Fegan, Nurse Consultant, Broadmoor Hospital, West London Mental Health NHS Trust

Dear Elated5451

Many thanks for your comments. It sounds like the experience for you has been really positive. I’m going to pass on your comments to Cindie the Clinical Nurse Manager. It would be great if we could share this experience with the rest of the team and the patients on the ward. May I wish you the very best of luck for the future.