"5 star treatment courtesy of the Great British NHS"

About: University Hospital Aintree

I recently had a liver resection operation at Aintree under the excellent care of my consultant and their team.

I was so lucky to have been placed on Ward 4 in a room with four beds, it made my stay feel so much more personal. The day staff were superb from the cleaning staff to the doctors, I particularly liked the nurse in charge who was so efficient. My only concern would be the night staff, they did their best and gave excellent care but most were agency staff so there was little continuity of care from one night to the next.

I felt my views were important, I felt listened to and absolutely nothing was too much trouble for the staff on Ward 4, wow we are so incredibly lucky to have our NHS and the caring, professional staff at Aintree. Where else in the world do you get a clean bed, 3 hot meals a day, staff on call at the press of a button free of charge? I can't recommend Aintree Hospital highly enough, well done everyone involved in Ward 4 you are all angels.

Response from University Hospital Aintree

Hi Colette,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - we're so glad to hear you had a good experience during your stay on Ward 4. We'll ensure these comments are passed on to the team who looked after you.

Thank you!