"excellent service in 24 hour urgent care centre"

About: Hexham General Hospital

i would just like to thank all the staff in the 24 hour urgent care centre in Hexham hospital that dealt with first my teenage daughter when she was ill in January and then my husband who was poorly this last week .They where both treated by very caring and friendly doctors and nursing staff and we couldn't of asked for a better service . They both ended up being transferred via ambulance to Cramlington after some treatment at Hexham , but we are very lucky to have the walk in centre on our doorstep and to know that it is ran by dedicated staff .

Response from Hexham General Hospital

Dear Madam,

Sorry to hear that both your daughter and husband had reason to use our urgent care services recently – I do hope they are both now doing well. It is however wonderful to know that they received such consistent, friendly and effective care from the teams at Hexham hospital.

We understand how important is it for patients to have access to care close to home, it is something we are very proud of.

It is such a pleasure to hear you describe our staff with such kind words and acknowledge their contribution to excellence – I will ensure it is forwarded to the team involved in both your daughters and your husband’s care.

All the best and thanks again,

Annie Laverty - Director of Patient Experience