"The best of care"

About: Royal Sussex County Hospital

I was blue lighted, by very caring ambulance staff, to rsch in 2015. I was admitted to resus on arrival and found the staff to be exceptionally caring and professional.

I was stabilized and hours later moved to the emergency bed ward, again I was well cared for . I the found my self waking up 4 days later on iITU I had collapsed and was put into a medically induced coma. the staff were unbelievable and took the time to explain to me what had happed to me when I was woken from the coma.

I was them moved down to HDU and again could not fault my care from everyone on the unit. I the was transferred to egremont ward, I was there for 2 weeks.

The staff of this ward took such brilliant care of me and if not for everyone involved from the time I arrived at the hospital I would have died. my grateful thanks to you all.

Response from Royal Sussex County Hospital

Dear Gillian

Thank you so much for taking the time to feedback about your experience with the ambulance service and in various wards and departments at the Royal Sussex County Hospital. I am delighted to hear that it was so positive and I have passed this onto the teams involved in your care, I know that they will really appreciate your kind words.

I hope that you are recovering well.

Best wishes