"lack of communication"

About: Children and families services / Community paediatrician

(as a parent/guardian),

My son was diagnosed with Autism in 2015 by a paediatrician in Community Paediatrics of Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust.

I had not received any official paperwork confirming his diagnosis and because I am in the process of submitting an application for Disability Living Allowance for my son I emailed the service asking if official confirmation of his diagnosis could be sent to me. I still had received no reply and I emailed again asking for confirmation that my email had been received and been acted upon. To date, still no reply has been forthcoming so I phoned them instead and sorted out the original problem.

However I am not impressed with the lack of communication from Community Paediatrics.

Response from Helen Knope, Patient Experience Programme Manager, Engagement Team, Kent Community Health NHS Trust

Dear Sir

We were very sorry to learn of the delay you experienced after you emailed the Community Paediatrics Service. Please accept our sincere apologies that you had to email the service twice and then telephone them before receiving the information you needed. I will ensure that the service is made aware of your review so that they can take your comments on board and make improvements to the responsiveness of their communications with parents.