"Hand clinic"

About: Royal Albert Edward Infirmary / Trauma and orthopaedics Wigan Infirmary

I cut my finger with a chef's knife quite badly and I attended A+E and was seen in minor injuries straight away and attended to by a nurse who glued me up and dressed me. It was a friendly, comfortable visit and I returned today to the hand clinic, again, I was seen to straight away and advised to come back Monday to see a nerve specialist. I can only say good things about the staff and knowledge/treatment I have received and I think too much we don't feedback compliments but only complaints so thank you!

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to write of your positive experience in A&E and the Hand Clinic following your unfortunate accident.

I will pass this link to the Emergency Care team and the Hand Clinic team so they can view your comments for themselves.

Positive comments like this make all the difference to the staff who are working hard to maintain the high standard of care here at the Trust.