"Excellent attention in A&E and xray departments"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Emergency department Hairmyres Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

I attended A&E this morning after falling and injuring my right foot and ankle. I was very quickly triaged and attended to in the minor injury unit. Gillian and Lesley were very professional and attentive. I had to go for an xray of my foot where again I was taken quickly and received excellent care and attention from Diane and Anna. My entire visit  lasted just over an hour from triage to diagnosis and treatment of my injury. The staff were professional, caring and attentive and they worked very fluidly as a team.

Response from Gwen MacIntyre, Senior Nurse, Surgical & Critical care, Hairmyres Hospital

Dear Sadie,

I was sorry to read of your accident, but delighted that you received such good service from Hairmyres Hospital & our staff.

I noticed you remembered the staff names which shows me that you were indeed treated not only professionally with staff making their names known but also with a person centered approach.

I'm so pleased you felt the positive effects of our teams and hope you are recovering well.

Kind Regards