"Lack of correspondence by Scunthorpe General Hospital"

About: Scunthorpe General Hospital / Gastroenterology

After two endoscopy examinations, a Barium meal followed by an Ultrasound examination and the consultant abdominal examination I've heard nothing for over four months. I wonder how much this has already cost the NHS? Join up the dots' folks my case is aired earlier but to date......nothing! and these two cases are in reality the same problem, lack of communication following the examination by the consultant. We have been let down by administration and not Nurses or Doctors, most of them seem to be working their collective socks off.

Response from Scunthorpe General Hospital

Hello, thank you for your comments, I'm sorry to hear about the lack of communication. If this is still an issue, please can I suggest you contact our patient advice and liaison team on 01724 290132 or email nlg-tr.pals@nhs.net

Best wishes

Sarah Mainprize

• peter piper doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think it is helpful

Update posted by peter piper (the patient)

Yesterday I received an invite to attend for an appointment at the ophthalmology department/ Dianna Princess of Wales hospital in Grimsby some thirty miles from my home address. I was discharged from this department last November and again the lack of communication has caused me more chaos. Worried about what seems like a newly discovered ailment but which after many phone calls by me, it was discovered that it was made yet again, in error. My G.P. was notified of my discharge during March 2016.