"Please stop cancelling my appointments."

About: Tameside General Hospital

When I started Orthodontic treatment at Tameside, I expected to have finished within 2-3 years before any follow up work needed to be done. However, disappointingly, I've now had my braces on well over 3 years. The problem is that I keep having appointments cancelled on me a week before I'm due to go in for treatment. I work full time hours and it takes me an hour to travel to the hospital, so I schedule whole days off using annual leave; it's becoming a pain having to re-schedule my work days.

On the upside, the staff and treatment I do receive are excellent. I just really want these braces off now, I'm despairing.

Response from Yvonne Cox, PA to Director of Quality and Governance, Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust

We are really sorry you have cause to raise this concern regarding your appointments.

Please can I request you contact our PALS and Complaints department on 0161 922 4466 or email Palsandcomplaints@tgh.nhs.uk so that we can look into and investigate your concern as to why the appointments were cancelled.