"Reason for Cancellations"

About: New Victoria Hospital / Day surgery

I have received a letter telling me that my appointment with the General Surgery Clinic. My original appointment was for the March and has been moved to May. This is the second cancellation. The first is with the Endocrinology Clinic which I got an explanation for the reason for the cancellation. I feel that if there is a cancellation. they should explain why they have cancelled the appointment as I have to tell my employers that this appointment has been changed. I wish that when cancellation letter is sent that an explanation is given on the letter.

Dear Scotslass57,

I completely understand your point - it is definitely valid and I will raise it with the relevant teams to see how practical this might be. Appointments can be cancelled for a range of reasons, most of which are unfortunately unavoidable, but I know that this causes huge amounts of frustration on a personal level, particularly when juggling things like time off work.

If there is a way that we could limit this frustration, even a little bit, I think it would be worth it so I'm happy to raise your suggestion.

I'll keep you up to date, but in the meantime if there is anything further please do not hesitate to get in touch again.

Best Wishes,