"Torcross & Bickleigh"

About: Derriford Hospital

I was admitted as an emergency during the early hours of 5th February. The efficiency of the paramedics meant that I reached Derriford very quickly while experiencing a heart attack. I was treated by the cardiac team whose expertise and skill combined with care and attention for my comfort and well being helped me to cope with a most traumatic experience. I was then transferred to Torcross ward where I spent a few days recovering. The doctors and nurses work so hard often under pressure of emergencies but all I saw was true professionalism at all times. My care was outstanding and the staff were always willing to answer questions and found time to reassure me when I needed it. I must also thank the doctors and nurses on Torcross who found time to reassure my family both on my admittance and while I was on the ward. I was then transferred to Bickleigh ward where the care of doctors and nurses continued. I must also thank the ward staff, cleaners and kitchen staff whose cheerfulness was a pleasure. Thanks must also go to the staff who did my heart echo and fitness test. I was impressed by the attitude of the staff who I came into contact with who were professional but pleasant and made me feel my care was important. When you are vulnerable this is so important.