"cancelled appointment"

About: The Royal London Hospital

Had an appointment. I arrived on time and the receptionist told me my appointment was cancelled. No letter was sent out and I had travelled from far, and had to pay child care. I asked to see the service manager and they called me from the hospital phone. They couldn't be bothered to see me at the reception to explain or apologize for the inconvenience caused. I travelled all this way, I waited all this time for this appointment, I spend money on travel and child care and wasted my whole day for nothing and the manger couldn't even be bothered to see me at the reception to arrange anyone booking and reimburse my travel and child care. I'm very angry how I was treated and I also feel that the level of service is very poor and unprofessional.

Response from The Royal London Hospital

We are very sorry to read that you turned up for your appointment only to find that it had been cancelled. Please accept our apologies for this. This must have been very frustrating for you.

We have passed your feedback over to the team in dermatology. If you would like us to look into this incident and to rebook your appointment please contact us with your personal details so that we are able to do this. You can contact our PALS Team on 020 3594 2040 or email pals@bartshealth.nhs.uk

Barts Health NHS Trust