"A tribute to my Care"

About: Southend Hospital

To my Consultant in the Chest Clinic at Southend Hospital and I write this as a tribute to the care the consultant has given me over the past 5 or so years. i have been in and out of hospital all of my 55 years and can speak from experience when i say this is exactly how you would want your doctor to be, and how you would want to be looked after. Southend Hospital is a busy General hospital, and as such has some issues, but i have always been cared for and look after in a very positive and caring way from all staff who work there. from cleaners to consultants. I have always felt that my good health was their no1 priority. The consultant is kind caring and compassionate, and has always been available for access 24 hours a day. and i think their influence spreads down their team. In 2015 they organised a lung transplant workup for me to Papworth, in late 2015 i visited Papworth, and have been offered to go on the list pending an angiogram which i had on Monday this week.

Papworth knew the consultant as they had worked there (great for me) and the same words were used about them, Kind.. caring.. Compassionate, a great bedside manor. Which i think says everything about a Doctor.

As to Southend Hospital in General, i would recommend them to anyone. I have always been treated very well and always been looked after very well, from the times i spent in A&E to the times i spent on wards as a patient.

No Hospital is perfect, these are large places with lots of staff, clinics and big buildings with massive amounts of equipment. So yes things do go wrong.When they do please be Patient and understanding......they are with you!!!!

To the consultant...Thank-you so much for what you and your Team have done for me!!

Well done Southend Hosiptal!!!

Response from Southend Hospital

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your post relating to your care at our Chest Clinic, it is great to hear such positive comments.

Please be assured that I will send your feedback onto the relevant team/s for them to pass onto staff who I am sure will be delighted to hear this feedback.

Wishing you well for the future.

Regards,