"Exceptional Care"

About: St Thomas' Hospital (London)

My Father has recently returned home after major surgery to insert stents into his aorta and branches. The Doctor and their team were fantastic and the after care experienced was second to none. The staff in both Overnight Recovery and Luke Ward went far beyond their duty to provide exceptional care for my father, and aid his recovery time. Although prior to the operation my father was obviously concerned, the staff were brilliant in explaining the procedure, discussing other side effects and potential outcomes. The nursing care for my father was brilliant and I would only hope that if I ever require emergency medical care, the staff provide such a professional caring service. Even the catering staff were nice people, and the whole atmosphere and environment within Luke Ward was superb. It is a pity we are not allowed to mention names, but some of the staff really do deserve recognition for the standard of their work.

Response from St Thomas' Hospital

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your father's experience of treatment and care at the Trust and our apologies for the delay in responding to your comments. It is good to hear that your father experienced a consitently high standard of care throughout his stay from all members of the team. We are pleased to hear that your father's concerns prior to the operation were fully addressed and the information and explanations he received re-assured him. We will pass your feedback on tot he team in Luke Ward.