"Gynae outpatients"

About: St Michael's Hospital (Bristol)

The staff show to empathy or understanding. Reception staff rude and unhelpful, no positive attitude or happy greeting on arrival.The Senior Registrar that I saw had no compassion, or empathy and was not helpful. I was another tick box patient, they did not listen to me and just gave me a leaflet and sent me on my way. The letter they sent to my GP proved I had not been listened to as the information was wrong, when I spoke to the secretary and told them that the information was wrong they said they would change it, but only changed one error. Took me 2 and a half weeks to finally get the Gynae registrar to call me back, and when they did, they were still unhelpful and could not get me off the phone quick enough. I am very disappointed with the treatment I have received. If this kind of treatment continues, I will contact PALS for support and advice and ask for a second opinion elsewhere. Poor service from the NHS.

Response from St Michael's Hospital

We are sorry to read about your experience. Please contact our patient support team and they will look into this for you: http://www.uhbristol.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/support-for-patients/patient-support-and-complaints/