"Endoscopy Unit"

About: Wycombe Hospital

Had a colonoscopy and once I was called through all the staff were friendly and very professional. Informed of all my options as I had decided not to have sedation and although uncomfortable for brief periods no pain relief required.

Downside was the car park charges are a bit steep particularly when your appointment time runs an hour or so behind schedule. I normally park on the main road but used the car park today just in case something cropped up. The unit also really does need a proper waiting room, the current one is tiny.

Response from Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Tom

I am very sorry to learn that you have recently had a Colonoscopy and I can understand how worrying this must have been for you.

We strive to put our patients first and to ensure they are offered high quality care. It is therefore rewarding to receive your feedback and to hear of how well staff across our services have worked together to ensure you were treated with compassion, dignity and respect. I will make sure that your comments are passed on to all the areas involved.

If you wish to share more detail about your specific experience with us, or discuss your concerns regarding our car park charges, please contact our dedicated Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01296 316042 or email pals@buckshealthcare.nhs.uk