"6 years ago I was an inpatient ..."

About: Southampton General Hospital

6 years ago I was an inpatient and since then I would say things have improved. The hospital was visibly cleaner and appeared spotless this time, there seems to be a lot of new equipment.

Staff in both wards and xray where I was treated during my brief stay were excellent and attentive.

The quality and choice of food was of a very high order indeed.

My wife was unable to park as the line of cars for the car park stretched back to Tremona Road and had to return later in the day. I would avoid taking a car. Could you introduce a park and ride for the hospital as the site is getting very full?

Thank you to the Staff of E5 emergency ward, F7 and the 3 radiographic staff who had to carry out a long complicated series of Xrays.

No one could have had better treatment.

Response from Southampton General Hospital

Jeremy: Thanks for your feedback! We've passed your message to the wards and the radiography department. We'll also make sure your comment is passed on to our transport teams but you may be interested to know we are just implementing a new transport strategy, part of which is designed to free up more public parking spaces on site for patients and visitors.