"I have my quality of life back."

I cannot thank the Duchy Hospital enough for the care and service I have received over the last few months. After a few years of hip pain and during the last year being unable to do normal everyday things (I'm in my 40's), I was finally referred to the doctor in July 2015. I cried with relief in their office when the doctor said they could see exactly what was wrong and that the doctor was prepared to perform a procedure to try and relieve the pain. I had an arthroscopy in both hips and some repair of both cartilage and bone and I now feel better than I have done in years. I have been able to resume sport, long walks with my dog and I can even cut my toe nails again :)

My life has quite simply been transformed and I will always be incredibly grateful to the doctor. But hats off to all of you; the staff on reception, the ambulatory care staff, the MRI team, the anaesthetist, the physio staff and the nurses on the ward- you are all heroes. You are all incredibly busy, but take time to reassure your patients (especially ones with silly phobias like me!) and treat them with dignity, respect and professionalism. I feel very lucky and would not hesitate to recommend the Duchy to anyone.

Response from Duchy Hospital

Thank you for your kind comments Alison, I am delighted that you have had such a great outcome and a good experience.

We try hard to keep our patients experience at the centre of what we do, there is no such thing as a silly phobia, it is our job to make you feel safe and comfortable, and I am delighted that we were able to do that for you over the last few months.

Thanks again for taking the time to comment.

Regards, Chris Sealey, General Manager