"Excellent service!"

About: Sussex Eye Hospital

After walking on the beach today in windy weather, a piece of sand or grit flew into my eye. Three hours later, my eye was very painful, sore and watering badly. After looking at the Sussex Eye Hospital website, I called them for advice. They advised me to call into the hospital, which I did.

I was so impressed by the fast response and the friendly, helpful and professional staff. After completing a form and sitting in the waiting room, I was seen by a nurse within 5 minutes. I was fully assessed and with the assistance of another Nurse Practitioner, the foreign body was removed after application of a local anaesthetic into my eye. An antibiotic ointment was applied afterwards and given to me to take home.

I left the department within 30 minutes! This was a Saturday afternoon. Amazing service which should be commended. Thank you so much!

Response from Sussex Eye Hospital

Dear Gina

Firstly many apologies for taking so long to reply.

Thank you so much for taking the time to feedback about your experience in the eye hospital. I am delighted to hear that it was positive, I have passed this onto the teams involved in your care and I know that they will really appreciate your kind words.

I hope that your eye is now better.

Best wishes