"nan left traumatized in karensa ward"

About: Royal Cornwall Hospital (Treliske)

My nan was admitted to the karensa ward after going to a and e in Penzance. Couldnt fault the penzance staff and hospital transport crew they were fantastic. Nan arrives at karensa ward in trelisk and had her prescription morphine withheld from her because she was told there was only one doctor there allowed to dispense it. She spent her evenings having other patients messing on the floor next to her bed whilst staff members were nowhere to be seen.one staff member took my nans buzzer from her! Disgusting treatment considering this ward is for elderly, vulnerable people. Something needs to be done. Elderly people or anyone for that matter,should not have the prescriptions withheld or buzzers. I wouldnt allow an animal to be left here, let alone a human.

Response from Royal Cornwall Hospital (Treliske)

We are sorry to read of your dissatisfaction with your grandmother's care and would like the opportunity to look into the concerns you have raised.

Please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service so that we can respond to you directly.

01872 25 2793