"Penrice Birthing Centre"

About: St Austell Community Hospital

Gave birth on the 30.01.2016

Having arrived at Penrice at 2am a lot further on than anticipated, this meant that there was no time for pain relief or for the pool to be filled up. For a first time mum j should have panicked. However the amazing staff talked me through all the do's and don'ts and because of them I had what I can only describe as a perfect labour. 45minutes later I had a beautiful baby with no complications or tears.

I can not praise the staff enough for there attentiveness, respect and help towards me keeping my dignity! Thank you!

Unfortunately the pool was not filled up in time, although I did use the pool after birth which was very welcomed and soothing. The staff of course where there t I help and also helped my husband dress our baby.

I will certainly choose to give birth at Penrice again should I get the chance and will continue to recommend it to friends and family. Thank you.

Response from St Austell Community Hospital

Thank you for leaving your feedback on the Birthing Centre at St Austell Community Hospital. The service is managed by Royal Cornwall Hospitals Trust and we will make sure your comments are forwarded onto them.