"Failure to rectify a failure to make an agreed..."

About: William Harvey Hospital

Basically, the absence of one secretary on leave in the ENT department has made it impossible after an hour of phoning to rectify an oversight.

The Oversight:

On 3rd February an assistant to my Dr carried out the second of two micro suctions for my wife the Dr had judged necessary to prepare for a hearing test. This assistant told my wife they would arrange such a test and when I asked for details at Reception was told they would follow in the post.

Since then nothing has been heard.

Today after an hour on the phone, in the absence of said secretary, I established that no such appointment had been made but could in no way arrange for the failure to be rectified.

Any such appointment, for all I know, may now be impossible because the build-up of detritus in the ear may now prevent it again.

At no stage could I contact anyone responsible nor anyone who could put matters right.

Response from Sally Smith, Chief Nurse and Director Of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Mr Coulson,

I am so sorry to hear of this oversight. Please email me on Sally.smith2@nhs.net and I will ask one of the managers of the ENT department to make contact with you. I would like to get this resolved as soon as we can.

Apologies for these delays,